Maybe you’re a home styling enthusiast. You follow many Instagram profiles, Pinterest boards, and blogs, and subscribe to different magazines to find out what are the contemporary home décor, the trending materials and styles, and the hippest living rooms in your country. You’ve found the right article.
To help you keep up with the trending contemporary home décor this year, we rounded up the different home décors that are expected to be ‘viral’ at homes this 2018.
Trending Contemporary Home Décor for 2018
We’ve already seen a lot at this turn of the year: from Ultraviolet being declared as the color of the year, to a strengthening consciousness for considering sustainability in style and design decisions. To keep ourselves up-to-date, here are the in and hip contemporary home décor to help guide your home restyling or renovations this year.
- Geometric styles and patterns for additional charm. This design style, from geometric tables to sleek, cylindrical lampshades, has gained twice as much popularity this year. Obviously, this is the kind of math you won’t go wrong with. They add to the room a cleaner and more modern feel without being too overbearing.
- Bowls, bowls, bowls. Painted with bright patterns or bold, solid colors, bowls can serve as accent pieces for your corner and coffee tables, even filled with that grain, oat, and acai combination for your Instagram post. These pieces are all the rage in social media for setting up feed aesthetic. You can be sure that this style won’t make your style bowl over.
- Globes around your home. This doesn’t just include those vintage and rustic-looking globes; big canvas maps are in on 2018 contemporary home décor party. The focus of popular culture on travel and wanderlust makes these pieces as pleasing accents in any home.
- Go natural. The consciousness for sustainability had brought out preference on design styles that use wood, cement, and other natural materials. Wood paneling, cement floorings, wooden frames, framed plants, among others, are popular this year.
- Marble. Marble accents are also popular this year, seeing a revival of design styles inspired by the glamour and elegance of the 1970s and 1980s.
- Potted plants. Surely, you have seen in your social media feed the surge of interest for rearing up indoor plants and small succulents. These babies from Mother Nature have joined the horde of contemporary home décor. They add to any room a bright splash of green and life that’s relaxing to the eyes; plus, they are low-maintenance and budget-friendly.
- Tropical prints. If you don’t have time to rear succulents and indoor plants, there is an alternative for you. It doesn’t have to be summer, 2018 has seen popularity for tropical prints. You can start adorning your home with blankets and throws patterned with Monstera leaves, floral curtains, or plates with large-scale prints. Bring out that summer vibe in your home.
- Cutting-edge Design. Modern Doors and Windows enables home to have contemporary design with moveable walls, exotic woods, dynamic shapes and sizes. Replacement windows and doors in dallas, tx offers a variety of exceptional architectural design fits in your home.
It’s not too late to ride into the tide of contemporary home décor trends this 2018. Most of these accents are already available inside your home and are cost-friendly. You can easily transform your rooms into that bright, hip, and trendy space just like you’ve been dreaming of.